The 5 Most Famous People Buried In Quincy/Hannibal
I had no idea that Quincy and Hannibal are final resting places for so many notable people in history. So I did a little research, and here's what I was able to find.
- John Wood - Mayor of Quincy and eventual Governor of Illinois (Woodland Cemetery, Quincy)
- Roy Brocksmith - actor that appeared in both Total Recall and Arachnophobia (Woodland Cemetary, Quincy)
- Lester Gaba - a sculptor and writer from Hannibal (Bnai Sholem Cemetery)
- Clarence Earl Gideon - convict responsible for landmark Gideon v. Wainwright ruling (Mount Olivet Cemetery Hannibal)
- Rev. Augustus Tolton - first black priest in the United States (Saint Peters Cemetery, Quincy)
I think it would be cool to visit some--or all--of these graves! I actually love walking through cemeteries (I explain why in the video below). Is that odd?