The 5 Most Famous People Buried In Quincy/Hannibal
I had no idea that Quincy and Hannibal are final resting places for so many notable people in history. So I did a little research, and here’s what I was able to find.
- John Wood – Mayor of Quincy and eventual Governor of Illinois (Woodland Cemetery, Quincy)
- Roy Brocksmith – actor that appeared in both Total Recall and Arachnophobia (Woodland Cemetary, Quincy)
- Lester Gaba – a sculptor and writer from Hannibal (Bnai Sholem Cemetery)
- Clarence Earl Gideon – convict responsible for landmark Gideon v. Wainwright ruling (Mount Olivet Cemetery Hannibal)
- Rev. Augustus Tolton – first black priest in the United States (Saint Peters Cemetery, Quincy)
I think it would be cool to visit some–or all–of these graves! I actually love walking through cemeteries (I explain why in the video below). Is that odd?
Subscribe to Y101, Today’s Best Music on