Wear Your Blue to ‘Blues in The District’ This Friday
Blues in the District returns to Washington Park in Quincy this Friday with Big Al & The Heavyweights performing from 5:30 to 9:30. Big Al Lauro was born and raised in New Orleans and his music will range from Cajun to Zydeco to Blues to Rock and everything in between. When you experience Big Al and the Heavyweights you will very likely join the legion of fans know as "Gumbo Heads"!
Meanwhile, The District is very excited to announce the 20th Anniversary of Blues in the District and they want to Paint the Park Blue! The District Executive Director Bruce Guthrie has many activities being planned including the following:
- Paint the Park Blue; show your colors wear Blue!
- Featured music performer Big Al and the Heavyweights
- Lighting of the Memorial Bridge Blue July 9 – 15th
- Distributing 2000 Blue Glow Necklaces
- Blue lighting throughout Washington Park and the Square
- Special Kids activities sponsored by Blessing Health Systems
- A Pyrotechnic show on Maine Street between 4th and 5th Streets
The event is FREE. Patrons are allowed to bring in coolers and food. Butcher Block and Spoon Wave will be serving food as well.