Top Ten Tips to Prevent a House Fire From the Quincy Fire Department
With the onset of winter staring us in the face it is time to remind you of some safety precautions you can take to make your late fall and wintertime a safe time. The following tips from the Quincy Fire Department are recommended:
1. Never leave the kitchen area when cooking. If you do leave, turn off the stove or oven.
2. Keep all space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn or ignite.
3. Replace and do NOT repair any damaged electrical cords in your home.
4. Never use the oven or stove to heat your home. Doing so may result in CO poisoning.
5. Never put a Christmas tree up close to a heat source. Always water your tree as well.
6. Keep Christmas packages away from candles and lights
7. Avoid using lighted candles.
8. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
9. Place candles in a sturdy candle holder that will not burn.
10.If you smoke do so outdoors and away from decorations and gifts