You Won’t Believe How Many Guns Were Found in Airports in 2017!
It is 2018 and people are still trying to carry their guns onto airplanes. Believe it or not, 28 percent more guns were confiscated at airports in the United States in 2017 than the year before. According to the Transportation Security Administration (T.S.A.) the agency found 3,391 guns in passenger’s carry-on bags which came out to be an average of 9 guns per day. Bad enough, they were found but 83% of them were fully loaded.
The T.S.A. website report listed airports where the most guns were found. Here are the top 10:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport: 198
- Dallas/Fort Worth International: 192
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport – Houston: 128
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International: 101
- Denver International: 98
- Orlando International Airport: 86
- Nashville International: 80
- Tampa International: 79
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport: 78
- Salt Lake City International: 75
The T.S.A. report points out, it is possible to take your firearms with you in checked baggage, but they must first be declared to the airline.