The Mascot Kettle Ringing Challenge Starts Today
The Quincy Salvation Army is inviting the community to show their school spirit during the Captain Kettle Mascot Challenge. Mascots from around the area, including the Quincy High School Blue Devil, Quincy Notre Dame Raider, Culver-Stockton Wildcat, John Wood Community College Woody, and Quincy University Hawk will compete to out-ring Captain Kettle during this week of December 2. Each mascot will ring bells for The Salvation Army for a two-hour period at Hy-Vee on Broadway or County Market on 24th Street.
The mascot schedule is as follows:
- Quincy High School Blue Devil- December 2 from 4-6 at the Broadway HyVee
- Quincy Notre Dame Raider------ December 3 from 4-6 at the Broadway HyVee
- Culver Stockton Wildcat-----------December 4 from 6-8 at the Broadway HyVee
- John Wood C. C. Woody--------- December 5 from 6-8 at the Broadway HyVee
- Quincy University Hawk---------- December 6 from 4-6 at County Market on 24th
- Salvation Army Captain Kettle-- December 6 from 6-8 at the Broadway HyVee
“This is a great opportunity for the community to support their favorite team and help The Salvation Army meet its Christmas goal,” stated Seasonal Event Coordinator Jeremy Koren. “We look forward to seeing our community rally behind their favorite team, all while supporting a great cause.”
The winner of the competition will be announced the week of December 9.