Quincy CVS Now Has Simple Medication Disposal Option
I never know what to do with my unused or expired medications. But I recently came across a safe (and legal) way to dispose of such.
The Quincy Police Department posted on their Facebook page that you can take unused medications to CVS Pharmacy (436 N. 30th St) to drop off via the medicine take back program. But there are some things that are not accepted.
Medications that ARE accepted:
- Prescription medication (in packaging if possible)
- Over the counter medications (I have a few of these for when my kids where babies and I don't use any more)
- Liquid medication (less the 4 oz and placed in a Ziplock bag)
Items that are NOT accepted:
- Illegal Drugs
- Needles/Syringes or sharp containers
- Medical Devices
- Aerosol Cans
- Mercury-containing devices
So if you are ever cleaning out your medicine cabinets and come across and unused and expired medications, take them to the CVS in Quincy and they will dispose of them the proper way. Looks for the disposable box next to the pharmacy to throw away medications. Looks for the box next to the pharmacy.