Who Has Time to Make Goat Videos?
We've been amused over the past few days at the newest internet phenomenon: goat versions of songs. Basically, people are making "goat versions" of popular songs by inserting footage of goats making...well...goat noises within the songs' videos. So far we've seen "goat versions" of songs from Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Adele, the Beatles and, my favorite, Bon Jovi.
The results are hysterical, but every time we watch these in the office someone always asks, "who has time to make these?" It's a great question. Tracking down appropriate goat video can't be a quick process, and anyone that's ever edited a video knows that it's often easier said than done.
This one's pretty good, too.
I was thinking of all the things that I would need to get done before I ever got around to making a goat video.
- Do the laundry, iron and hang all my clothes.
- Run the vacuum.
- Clean out the car.
- Wash the car.
- Pick up groceries.
- Sort through that pile of junk mail on the coffee table.
- Look through the fridge for anything that has expired and throw it out.
- Take out the garbage.
- Feed the pets.
- Give the dog a bath.
- Give myself a bath.
- Clean the toilet.
- Mop the floor.
- Replace all the burned out light bulbs in the house.
- Get my oil changed.
- Read that stack of books I bought, but haven't gotten around to, yet.
- Watch that stack of DVDs I bought, but haven't gotten around to, yet.
- Sort through my stuff and decide what goes in the garage sale pile.
- Label and categorize all of my digital photos.
- Edit all of our home movies and burn them to DVD.
- Rearrange the furniture.
- Paint the living room.
- Buy new carpet.
- Clip coupons.
- Sort the coupons.
- Flip the mattress.
- Change the batteries in the smoke detectors.
And then, after I got all of those things done, I just might make a goat video. But I'd probably just go to sleep.
Luckily, there are a lot of people out there with extra time on their hands.