There are 14 Athletes from Missouri and Illinois on the U.S. Olympic Team
In case you were wondering, there are 14 Olympic athletes from Illinois and Missouri competing in the XXII Winter Olympics in Sochi. Eleven of those athletes are from Illinois.
Representing the United States from Illinois are the following:
- Megan Bozek, 22 of Buffalo Grove is a member of the U.S. women’s national ice hockey team.
- Jason Brown, 19 of Highland Park is a member of the US men's figure skating team.
- Kendall Coyne, 21 of Palos Heights is a member of the U.S. women’s national ice hockey team.
- Shani Davis, 31 of Chicago is a two-time Olympic speed skating gold medalist in 2006 and 2010.
- Aja Evans, 25 of Chicago is a member of the women's bob sledding team.
- Gracie Gold, 18 of Chatham is competing in the figure skating competition. She is also the 2014 U.S. national champion. This is her first Olympics.
- Brian Hansen, 23 of Glenview, Jonathan Kuck, 23 of Champaign, Emery Lehman, 17 of Oak Park and Patrick Meek, 28 of Northbrook are all members of the US speed skating team.
- Ann Swisshelm, 45 of Chicago is a member of the curling team.
Representing the United States from Missouri are the following:
- Emily Scott, 24 and raised in Springfield, Missouri, will be competing in speed skating.
- Paul Stastny, 28 from St. Louis, Missouri, will be competing for the United States men's hockey team.
- Steve Cash, 24 of Overland, Missouri who underwent amputation surgery at age 3, will compete on the U.S. Paralympic Sled Hockey team.