The Ten Most Annoying Behaviors at Concerts
Going to a concert can mean dealing with unruly people. Attention spans are at an all-time low, and the result of smartphones at concerts has many attendees barely paying attention to the action on stage. So I have come up with the ten most annoying behaviors at concerts…
1. Taking pictures at rock concerts. All your attention is on your phone, not the show.
2. Checking e-mail, Facebook and Twitter every couple of seconds. It can wait.
3. Incessantly talking to your friends.Don’t do that. Please shut up and enjoy the show.
4. Yelling out requests. Most of the time the set list is predetermined and you’re screaming in my ear. Stop it!
5. Yelling out “Freebird!” Unless Lynyrd Skynyrd is up on stage, don’t do that.
6. If a concert is general admission, the people in front earned their spots. They got there early and laid claim to their space. Don’t be rude and shove your way to the front.
7. Getting so drunk that you puke. Enough said.
8. Loudly complaining after the show because the band did not play your favorite song. Some artists play all the hits and some are unpredictable. Just be thankful to be there.
9. Filming the entire show on your smartphone. All you get from this is a crappy cellphone video on YouTube.
10. Yelling “Sit Down” at people who are standing up. A simple rule of thumb is if you can’t see the performance then stand up. But if everyone is seated, then sit down. We’re all in this concert together.