Stay Safe During Motorcycle Awareness Month
May is motorcycle awareness month. One driving fatality is one too many.
While motorcycle riding is fun and comes with a great deal of freedom, it can also be very dangerous and unforgiving. Illinois State Police District 20 is urging motorists to help prevent injuries and death caused by motorcycle crashes.
The Illinois State Police continues to see an increase in registered motorcycles and licensed riders, many without any formal training. Before you ride, follow these rules to stay safe:
- Always wear a helmet and protective clothing.
- Be seen.
- Your dead lights should be on all the time you are riding.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Don't drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Get the proper classification and training you need to stay safe.