Ride Cool Postponed
Hannibal Clinic Health Services Ride Cool event has been postponed until June 10th, due to severe weather heading to the Tri-States this weekend.
What is Ride Cool? It’s an annual free event where kids ages 3 to 12 can receive a free bicycle helmet. Children are encouraged to bring their bike, scooter, or skateboard to the Ride Cool event.
Children will also get a t-shirt and the opportunity to try out the obstacle course. Other highlights include helmet fittings, bicycle inspections, giveaways, and the very popular (and informative) egg drop demonstration by Dr. Justin Bubolz, which colorfully illustrates the importance of wearing your helmet.
The event will now take place June 10th on the campus of Hannibal Clinic Health Services from 10 AM – 1 PM.
How do you get your child to wear a helmet when riding a bike, scooter, or skateboard this summer? According to bhsi.org/kidswear
- Teach them at a young age to ALWAYS wear a helmet.
- If they have to wear a helmet then you should do, lead by example
- Reward your child for putting on his/her helmet
- Plan a bike ride together as a family
- Encourage their friends to wear helmets as well