Registration Open for Quincy Community Theatre’s Fall Education Classes
Registration for Quincy Community Theatre’s Fall Education Classes is now open to all interested Tri-State students and adults. Each sensational class is specifically designed help actors reach new heights both on and offstage—all the while having a blast in a creative and engaging environment. Plus, all classes are taught by QCT Student Theatre Director Brandon Thomsen, or other professional guest instructors!
This Fall’s classes include:
- “Broadway Bound!” where students (GRADES 4-7) will learn a dance number from a Broadway musical each week. Students will present their work to family in an informal performance at the final class. Thursdays: September 5-26 (4-5:30 PM). Guest Instructor: Mindy Holthaus. Tuition: $65
- “It’s Not Me; It’s YOU—An Acting Class for Adults,” training adults (Ages 18 & Up) how to put the focus on their acting partners by playing objectives and fighting through obstacles. Tuesdays: September 17-October 15 (7:30-9 PM). Tuition: $65
- “Wake up an Actor,” a one-time, three-hour session giving students (GRADES 8-12) an exciting crash-course in acting utilizing theatre games, exercises, and improvisation. Saturday, September 28 (10 AM-1 PM). Tuition: $30
- “Audition Day,” helping performers (GRADES 4-12) explore the fine art of auditioning with the goal to become more confident at their next audition. This class is highly recommended for students hoping to audition for QCT’s Family/Student Theatre winter musical. Monday, November 11 (9 AM-2 PM). Tuition: $50
- “Acting down the Yellow Brick Road,” allowing children (GRADES K-3) to let their acting skills and imaginations soar over the rainbow as they portray the famous characters from the classic story The Wizard of Oz. Participants will also have the chance to see “behind the scenes” of QCT’s production of The Wizard of Oz. Saturday, November 16 (10-11:30 AM). Tuition: $20
Limited scholarships and discounts are available for all QCT classes. For more information about the classes or to view the registration form online, visit 1qct.org or call 217.222.3209.