Quincy Salvation Army Christmas Campaign Kick-Off This Friday
The Quincy Salvation Army begins the Christmas season with the Tree of Lights Christmas Kick-off Dinner. The event will take place Friday, November 16th at 6:00 pm in the Kroc Center at 405 Vermont St. This year’s campaign chair will be introduced along with the announcement of the 2012 campaign goal.
Each year community leaders step up to serve as honorary chairs of the Christmas campaign, further extending the outreach and effectiveness of the efforts of The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is pleased to announce Lee Lindsay Curtis as the 2012 Christmas Campaign Chair.
The Salvation Army provides a variety of programs and services to assist families in need in the greater Adams County area. Following are a few examples of ways The Salvation Army has given a hand up to neighbors in need.
Salvation Army Family Services has provided the following assistance during 2012:
- 8,694 individuals received assistance
- 344 individuals received 3,006 nights of lodging at the Emergency Shelter
- 13,767 meals were provided to shelter residents
- 783 individuals participated in life skills classes
Last Holiday Season:
- 867 families received Christmas Food Baskets
- 1,335 children received toys for Christmas
- 739 individuals were provided dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Volunteers are also an important part of the Christmas season and are needed to assist with many of the Christmas programs and activities, especially bell ringing. Contact Alisa Elkins for more information about volunteer opportunities at (217) 231-5633 or check out their website.