Quincy Community Theatre Opens Registration For Spring Classes
This new year, do something bold! Make Quincy Community Theatre’s 2014 Spring Classes you new year’s resolution!
Registration for Quincy Community Theatre’s Spring Education Classes is now open to all interested Tri-State students and adults. All classes are taught by QCT Student Theatre Director, Brandon Thomsen, or other professional guest instructors.
This Spring’s classes include:
- “Seuss Art/Acting Class,” instructed by Brandon Thomsen and Stephanie Javaux (Quincy Art Center), helping children (GRADES K-3) bring Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who to life through hand-made scenery and props, as well as a special performance acting out the story at QCT. Tuesdays: Jan. 7-21. Tuition: $50
- “Curtain Up,” in which children (GRADES K-3) will use theatre games, storytelling, and role-playing to stretch their imaginations. Mondays: Feb. 17-April 7. Tuition: $65
- · “I Want! I Want! I Want!” where students (GRADES 7-9) will learn to become stronger actors by identifying their characters’ “wants” in a scene. Mondays: Feb. 17-April 7. Tuition: $65
- “Actor=Storyteller,” teaching students (GRADES 4-6) to tell the story of a scene in a detailed way, concentrating on the basics of acting: the who, where, why, and how. Tuesdays: Feb. 18-April 8. Tuition: $70
- “Embodied Acting,” instructed by Megan Miller-Masterman, in which students (GRADES 9-12) gain valuable tools to use in creating truthful characters and circumstances on stage through the exploration of movement. Saturday, March 15. Tuition: $30
- “Acting the Song,” instructed by Tricia Bart, encouraging adults (AGES 18-UP) to explore how one brings acting technique to the interpretation of a song while working with traditional musical theatre repertoire. Actors will prepare a new song each week, culminating in an acting piece comprised of a monologue. Thursdays: April 3-May 15 (No Class April 17). Tuition: $65
- “It’s Not Me; It’s YOU,” inspiring students (GRADES 9-12) to put the focus on their acting partners by playing objectives and fighting through obstacles. Saturday, May 10. Tuition: $30
- “Les Misérables FREE Auditioning Workshop for Adults,” allowing actors and actresses (AGES 18-UP) the chance to learn more about QCT’s upcoming production and what is sought after in a potential cast, as well as the chance to take a practice run of their audition songs and gain valuable insight from the production team. Saturday, May 17. DEADLINE TO ENROLL: WEDNESDAY, MAY 14
Limited scholarships and discounts are available for all QCT classes. Registration is available online and in the QCT Box Office. For more information about the classes or to register, visit 1qct.org or call the QCT Box Office at (217) 222-3209.