Five Tips You Need to Survive College
Take it from a former student who partied too much and studied too little.
Yes, I went to college a long time ago, but the memories are still fresh in my mind. You can survive college. Stinky dorm rooms and bad food are the norm. Get use to it, or get a new roommate.
Maybe I can help. I have five tips that may help you get going on your college career.
- Try not to schedule back to back classes. You will wear yourself out.
- Begin the first day of class and know what is expected of you. Take notes.
- Try to establish a routine time to study for each class.
- Establish a place to study and make it as comfortable as you can.
- Schedule breaks while you study. Don't go out for a couple of beers and then try to study. Take it from me, that does not work.
Yes, you will be very busy. Yes, you will eat bologna all the time. Yes, you will rely on your new girlfriend to help you with math. And yes, you will call your mom and dad for money. Peanut butter can be your friend, too :)