Five Things I’ve Never Done That Will Probably Surprise You
There are a lot of things that "everybody" does. Everybody watches the Super Bowl (actually, I didn't for over a decade, but recently started watching again). Everybody drives (I've known two people, elderly people, who never drove). Everybody eats out from time to time (nope... I knew a person in their 50's who never had been in a restaurant). Fact is, there is nothing that "everybody does" other than maybe breath, eat, sleep and die. Someone can probably argue one of those, even.
I was talking to a friend recently about "common" things that we had never done. There were some surprising things on both of our lists. I suspect most people could find a few "common" things that "everybody" does... but they haven't. Here's are five things I've never done that might surprise you:
1. I've never watched 'Star Wars.' I've never watched any of them, actually. I'm not a science fiction fan. You could name almost any sci-fi movie and I probably haven't seen it. Interestingly enough, I did like the old, original Star Trek TV series. I've never watched any of those movies, though.
2. I've never owned a smart phone. I just don't feel the need for one. I text, take a few pictures and actually use my phone to... get this... make and receive telephone calls. It took me a long time to get a phone with a camera built in. I thought it was ridiculous to need that. I admit now, it is a nice function. I still don't like internet on a tiny (even phones with big screens are tiny for internet to me) screen. I've used a smart phone a few times. I like my dumb phone better, thank you.
3. I've never been west of Hutchinson, Kansas. I grew up in the Northeast corner of Kansas, but I've never had a reason to go past about half way across my own home state. I've gone north, south and east, plenty. Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Ohio etc.. West hasn't called out to me yet for one reason or another.
4. I've never bought anything off Ebay or Amazon, or ever put anything on layaway. I did buy one gift in my life off the internet, from a team store. That was 10 years ago and I haven't shopped or bought anything online since. I have nothing against doing that. I'm not concerned about security issues. I just don't like to shop, even from my computer.
5. I've never ridden a roller coaster... not a real one... and I never will. If you want to see me lose my lunch, then be hospitalized for severe mental distress, you'll have to find another way to do it.
Those are my five things. What are some of yours?